Let's make you feel safe and comfortable during our session
We all have different levels of comfort and happiness when faced with a photo session. Me included! No matter how confident we usually are, a professional photo session can be a bit daunting and may even cause some anxiety, and that's not what I want for you or anyone in your family or group.
So, what can we do about this?
Lots, as it turns out! Here's a quick brainstorm, but if none of these ideas click, we'll just come up with another plan together!
1) The session can be in my quiet and private in home studio
2) The location can be somewhere in the area that you really love. A place whereyou feel comfortable and secure.
3) I can suggest some nearby areas that are quite private and lovely where there will be few to no onlookers or passersby.
Like the sleeping Ella, this is how comfortable I want you to feel.
4) We can discuss how you would like to "be" in the photos. This can be particularly important if I am photographing you with your partner.
5) No one has to fake smile, hug anyone, jump up and down or do anything else that they don't want to do.
6)We will always start with what feels right to you and then I can fine tune for where the light is falling or suggest where a foot or hand might be placed. Nothing major:)
7) If you are worried about how kids or pets might behave- don't! My job is to gently wrangle the more active participants and use a very fast shutter speed to capture them at their best. (If less than best, I have to tell you that those moments can make some really great images, too, that you might love to have!)
8) Any concerns about individual needs, please share them with me and we will do what needs to be done to make the session wonderful for everyone. Thirty plus years as a junior high teacher may have taught me more than all those kids put together and has provided me with the gift of patience:) Sometimes, age and experience have their advantages:)
9) Any awkward dynamics in a planned photo session for a family or other group? You can let me know just as much as you think I need to know to help everything go as smoothly as possible.
10) This one... makes me cranky... but... Has someone ever said anything to you to make you feel less about your appearance than your should feel? It happens a lot, I'm afraid, and it can make some people really dig their heels in when it comes to being photographed. This is a hard one to come to grips with if you've let yourself believe that story. While I can't "fix" you, I can show you what I and my camera see and I can almost guarantee that it will make you smile.
Would you like to discuss how we can make a session work really well for you?
Not ready to chat yet?
Maybe you'd like to recieve a link to my portrait guide so you can get a better idea of how the process unfolds. Just click the "send me the Portrait Guide" box!
Even Miss Kitty feels no stress when the camera and lights come out. I take that as a compliment!